Sunday, June 10, 2012

Reflective Writing 06

NEW LEARNING

What did I learn that was new to me?
Monday, 28th May 2012 – On this week we are continue learning Lecture 6 which is Supply Chain Management. The topic covered: Creating value via supply chain, Benefits of using web technologies in supply chain management, Materials tracking technologies, Ultimate consumer orientation, Building and maintaining trust.

Supply Chain means the manufacturer to the retailer to the customer.

Supply Chain Management  means the way they organize supply chain from the manufacturer until the suppliers.

Alliances - associate / group / series

share information - e.g. facebook

Material Tracking Technologies - 1- Optical scanners and barcodes 2- Integration of barcodes and EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), 3- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Device)

Barcode have 2 types - cosmetic product and at t-shirts

Transmitter -  using the signal

RFID - for eg. Mostly electronic goods

Ultimate Consumer Orientation – internet technologies can help by improving communications.

Building and Maintaining Trust – trust is a major issue in forming supply chain alliances.

Summary – Effective supply chain management is key in providing a better service to the customer. Web technologies can significantly enhance the effectiveness of supply chain management. Material Tracking technologies such as RFID have an important role to play. Trust is a vital element in forming successful supply chain alliances.

What insights did this new knowledge give to me?
This topic was a new knowledge to me.

Did it help me see something in a new light?
Yes, it is very useful to help me to know more about this topic.

Did it help me understand something that I didn’t understand before?
Yes, very helpful, because the lecturer has giving an example when gives the explanations.

PERSONAL REACTION

How did I feel about what was done?
I feel I still need to understand this topic and have to catch up faster while the lecturer gives the explanations.

Did it affect me emotionally and if so how?
Yes, of course when I’m feel too tired, I’m not concentrate on my study.

What did I like or enjoy and why?
I like when the lecturer asked us to take a break so we are not too stress.

What did I dislike and why?
I don't like when I still don't understand what the lecturer taught for not giving full attention.

What did I find easy to do or understand and why?
i find easy and understand because the lecturer has given the examples when she gives an explanations.

What did I find difficult or challenging to do or understand and why?
I find difficult or challenging to do or understand the words because it is difficult to find out the main points, meaning of some complicated words because I’m not really good in English but i will try the best to be good in English.

ACTION TO BE TAKEN

Is there any action that I will take as a result of what was done?
Yes, always ask the lecturer if not understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment