Sunday, June 10, 2012

Reflective Writing 05

NEW LEARNING

What did I learn that was new to me?
Monday, 21st May 2012 – On this week we are continue learning Lecture 5 which is eCommerce Business To Business Strategies. The topic covered: Purchasing activities, Logistic activities, Support activities, eGovernment, Electronic data interchange (EDI) and Value-added networks (VANS). Background to B2B eCommerce, this company can use eCommerce to improve 1-Purchasing and logistics processes. 2- Support Processes which are finance, administration, human resources and technology development. 3- Flexibility to respond to changing circumstances.

Electronic data interchange (EDI) – computer to computer transfer of business information between two businesses that use a standard format on some kind. Which are invoices, purchase orders, requests for quotations, bills of lading (shipping document) and receiving reports.

EDI Standards – 1) ASC X 12 (American National Standards Institute)
                         2) UN/EDIFACT (United Nations)
                 3) Agreement to develop international standards but no date for                               implementation.

Direct Connection EDI and Indirect connection EDI through a VAN.

EDI on the Internet – Content Inspired Component Architecture (CICA) provides greater flexibility. Financial EDI (FEDI) provide instructions to banks.  FEDI handled by EDI –capable banks.

Summary: eProcurement can aid purchasing activities including sourcing suppliers. Web technologies can enhance logistics by tracking and reporting on freight movement. eGovernment can improve links between citizens and their government. EDI can radically improve the transfer of business information.

What insights did this new knowledge give to me?
This topic was a new knowledge to me. It’s about business to business (B2B) which I understand is sourcing suppliers. eProcurement means perolehan / permintaan. MRO – Maintenance Repair Operation. eGovernment – electronic government.

Did it help me see something in a new light?
Yes, it is very useful to help me to know more about this topics.

Did it help me understand something that I didn’t understand before?
Yes, very helpful, because the lecturer has giving an example when gives the explanations.

PERSONAL REACTION

How did I feel about what was done?
I feel I still need to understand this topic and have to catch up faster while the lecturer gives the explanations.

Did it affect me emotionally and if so how?
Yes, of course when im feel too tired and im not concentrate on my study.

What did I like or enjoy and why?
I like when the lecturer asked us to take a break so we are not too stress.

What did I dislike and why?

I don't like when I still don't understand what the lecturer taught for not giving full attention.

What did I find easy to do or understand and why?
i find easy and understand because the lecturer has given the examples when she gives an explanations.

What did I find difficult or challenging to do or understand and why?
I find difficult or challenging to do or understand the words because it is difficult to find out the main points, meaning of  some complicated words because I'm not really good in English.

ACTION TO BE TAKEN

Is there any action that I will take as a result of what was done?
Yes, always ask the lecturer if not understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment